Thursday, February 17, 2011

Applying the Template

I've made good progress towards creating a similar, more slender template to mimic the site's current design. I'm allocating room on the server for the new version, so I will be able to test browser compatibility and review before I replace the current site with my design.

A lot of the remaining content can just be copied/pasted into the template for now, and updated as I receive or write the new content .Until then, this will be good enough.

One of the pages that is getting a serious makeover, however, is the personnel pages for the CVCN and COBRE staff. The current structure is made by tables, but I am trying to convert them to divs (both out of principle, and also as good practice).

When I do this tomorrow, I'll go over good practices for converting tables to divs.

No comments:

Post a Comment