Friday, February 11, 2011

Quick Thinking

I commute across state lines to work every day, and in that laborious morning journey I had a burst of sudden insight. The CVCN is closely related to the university in which it is based. I was a student at North Dakota State University until recently, when I decided to pursue web design instead. I will probably touch on that later, but for today my task is now to try to track down and meet with their site's web master (or better still, web designers).

Networking is a valuable strategy, especially for a newcomer to the field. A successful web site is the result of much time spent behind the scenes, tweaking and fine-tuning the code on which the website is built. Cross-browser compatibility, accessibility concerns, and even principles of design from a seasoned professional could prove to be great assets to a beginner such as myself.

I also now have a name of who to talk to for each page of the current website (who would be responsible for its content). From here, I'll be able to make sure all the content for each page is correct.. and from there, start to know which pages the new design will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment