Monday, February 14, 2011

First staff meeting

Today I'll be meeting with my boss and going over changes to make to some of the pages. This will help me get a feel for the website he wants (or thinks he wants, at this point), and plan accordingly. Keeping in mind that I'm not talking to a client that has a background in design, instead of trying to gain a tenuous grasp on vocabulary, I'm jumping ahead to provide visual cues and examples of what I'm looking to make.

For example, here is the current bios page. It reads very much like a reference page, so it serves its purpose. However, I would like to construct it to read more like a business or organization's bios page, such as this one - the information remains professional, but is more consistent and easier to understand.

This information is out of date, and will probably be the first to be updated. I've decided to take an approach of keeping the current site up-to-date as I work on a parallel site. As this site has a smaller audience and fairly basic functionality, I do not see any problems with implementing the new site all at once, at this point. However, I'll be doing research as I work to make sure that this is a good idea.

Edit:

Update. Meeting went very well.. it is always good to have a client that trusts your style. Going through the profile pages today and tomorrow, and hopefully should have the information updated by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment